Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Modeling BLTouch Sensor Mount for Anet A8 Plus

Hi, I'm KDH.
Since I was using my 3D printer, I was tired to do my bed leveling so I bought a BLTouch Sensor.

So I searched for a mount to setup this sensor for my 3d printer.
But the problem was Anet A8 Plus's extruder frame was different from the original Anet A8, so all of the models in online was useless to me.
So I decided to design myself.
I visited the homepage of ANTCLABS, the company which made the BLTouch, and got the CAD information.
ANTCLABS : https://www.antclabs.com/
This is the image from the manual of BLTouch which shows the CAD dimension of the sensor.
[3D Modeling with SolidWorks]
 [Printed Parts]
[Assembled at A8 Plus]

After some calculations and some fails, I managed to design a accurate model which fits at the Anet A8 Plus.
The 3D Model of this sensor mount is on thingiverse : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3547279

But even though I mounted the sensor, still I am struggling with the marlin firmware(I bricked many times), so even now, I am manually leveling the heating bed :(



1 comment: