Thursday, May 9, 2019

Laser module on Anet A8 Plus

Hi, I'm KDH.
Today I bought an blue laser module from banggood.
Its Eleksmaker's LA-03 with 3500mw power and has a TTL control.
LA-03 : https://www.banggood.com/LA03-3500-450nm-3_5W-Blue-Laser-Module-TTL-Modulation-Fan-Heat-Sink-for-EleksMaker-DIY-Engraver-p-1103261.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

It has a Laser Module and an TTL control module. The laser has an cooling fan at the top, that cools the aluminum heat sink of the laser.

Now, I need to assemble this laser to my 3D printer. Luckily the laser module has a pre-drilled M3 holes, so I was able to design an mount.
 [3D Modeling with SolidWorks]
[Printed Parts]
The right plate with the rectangular 4 holes is used to hold the laser itself, and the left side straight 4 holes is to assemble with the 3D printer.
This red-highlighted 4 holes is going to be used to assemble the mount.
This is the picture of the assembled laser. This model is still a prototype so I didn't made a hole for the TTL control module. Soon I will upgrade it.
This is the test video of laser module.
It works good but I didn't used my TTL control. Just manually moving the extruder.
In the next post, I will introduce how to control the laser power(ON/OFF) with Gcode signal to the cooling fan and make some engraving artworks with it.
Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment